Monday, 27 February 2012

REVIEW: Batiste Dry Shampoo Range


Hi guys,
So I’ve been a fan of dry shampoo for years now and Batiste has always been my go-to brand! For those who may not be too familiar with dry shampoo its basically a powder consistency you spray on your hair on those days that washing/drying/straightening (or whatever you do) is just way too much effort. You simply spray on your hair, massage into the roots, brush it out and ta-da the grease is gone! In the last few years Batiste have come out with a range of variations on their original product so I thought I’d share my thoughts on a few of them…


Tropical: This product was one of the first scents Batiste released and is definitely my favourite! It has the most lovely smell, although it is quite artificial it doesn’t put me off in anyway. It’s very true to it’s name and has a lovely tropical, fruity smell. On the days you can’t be bothered washing your hair it leaves it smelling super fresh and clean!

XXL volume: This is one of the newest editions to the Batiste range and unfortunately I am completely disappointed by it! I don’t really like writing bad reviews because I don’t want to be negative but I don’t want you girls having the same experience I did. After spraying this in my hair and massaging into the roots I could already feel this felt a bit different than normal. When I proceeded to brush it out it was a nightmare. It’s almost like it matted my hair and it just made it feel more unclean than it did in the first place. It did add a small amount of volume but it’s definitely not worth it for the time it took me to brush it out!


Medium and Brunette: I was really excited to try this as like most people the only small niggle I have with Batiste is that the white/ashy colour can sometimes be hard to brush out and leaves you’re hair looking a little ‘dandruffy’ if you get what I mean... haha! When I sprayed into my hair the colour was slightly darker than usual but I wouldn’t exactly say it was tinted. I’m not going to blame poor Batiste for this one as I probably should’ve picked up the medium to dark brunette one. I think if you had blonde/fair hair you would definitely see an improvement with this!

Have you tried Batiste? What’s you’re favourite one?

14 comments:

  1. I use the darker brunette one and I've never had any issues with it, must be onto my 20th bottle (or something) by now! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think it was my own fault for getting the medium and brunette one! Haha I'll definitely get the darker one next time! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh I was considering getting the XXL Volume one but after this review I think I'll give it a miss! My hair is wavy and quite thick anyway so it's an absolute nightmare to brush it! Have you tried the one in blush? It has a really nice florally scent.. you should give it a go
    www.xlivelaughl0ve.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah I've tried blush, it's soo nice! :) Thanks for telling me though! xx

      Delete
  3. i've always wanted to try this stuff, hope it comes to where i love soon! xx
    My Blog: Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I hope so too!! It's such a lifesaver! Hehe xx

      Delete
  4. Batiste is great. I also like Klorane. I actually just posted a review on Schwarzkopf Instant Volume Powder which also helps mop up excess oil, whilst giving volume!!!

    I love your blog by the way. I just became a follower. Keep up the great work :) If you have time, come swing by my blog. I love hearing back from people I follow and getting their feedback.

    Luc X

    www.loveluc.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh yeah I've heard of that stuff, I'll defintely check it out! Thanks for the tip and for following :) xx

      Delete
  5. I love anything that means I don't need to wash my hair, so I will take dry shampoo in any shape or form haha.

    B xxx
    backfortea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Haha it's so good for those lazy days! xxx

      Delete
  6. I've been wanting to try Batiste for a while, thanks for the review, I'm going to try the dark brunette one! :))
    Xo, Smitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no problem, it's such a good thing to have in the house for the days you can't be bothered! Haha xx

      Delete
  7. omg lovee the xxl big and bouncy batiste its so good :) I also really love the smell of them xx I love your blog its really helpful, please follow back :) xxx Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the big and bouncy version, I'll have to give it a go! I'm glad you find it helpful! :) I'll go check out your blog now! xxx

      Delete