Wednesday, 2 May 2012

REVIEW: Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer


Heyy guys, firstly sorry for going almost a week without blogging, how very unlike me! Things have been a bit mental with college and work so I’ve barely had a spare minute to myself. Although on the upside, I have a meeting with the Marketing Director of Aberdeen Journals next week about a possible internship! Eeek! Wish me luck!

Anyway on to the purpose of this post… It’s my 18th birthday a week tomorrow and although I’ve never really used or felt the need for primer I wanted to purchase one so I know my makeup will last all night. I searched around the internet and seen some good reviews for Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting primer so I bit the bullet and bought it last week. I’ve been testing it out since then so I thought I'd share my thoughts.

The Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer was only released last month and promises to ‘control oil and reduce shine so makeup looks smooth, even, flawless. Soft-vision optics minimize the look of pores and flaws to create an even canvas.’ It also contain skin calming Green Tea and Vitamin E to rebalance and perfect.


The consistency of this primer is lovely. Although I’ve never used one previously, when trying some out in Boots a lot felt quite silicone-like and greasy. This has more of a cream texture and is actually quite a thick consistency. I only applied this to the centre of my face where I tend to get a little shiny as the day goes on. I used a pea size amount and gently smoothed it over my skin. It immediately made it feel silky smooth, sunk into the skin quickly and by no means left a greasy feeling. It did minimize the look of pores slightly but if this is you main area of concern I would opt for something like Benefit Porefessional.


I first put this primer to the test on a day where I had college all day then went straight to work. (I left the house at 8am and got home at 8.30pm so you have a gage of how long I was going to with no touch-ups.) I tend to get a little shiny around my nose and chin areas in the afternoon so I checked up on how this primer was holding out then. I noticed my nose was still a little shiny but other than that I had no complaints. When I checked again after I got home from work I noticed my foundation definitely didn’t look as good as it did in the morning but then when does it ever? I can say it did look a lot more fresh looking than it usually does after such a long day and I definitely didn't look as shiny.


I would note I don’t have super oily skin, I just tend to get a bit shiny around some areas so if you do suffer from very oily skin I probably wouldn’t recommend this for you. However I have to say I’m pretty pleased overall, yes it didn’t perform a miracle and leave me shine-free and keep my foundation looking the exact same after a long day, but the improvement was big enough for me to notice so I can't complain. This primer retails for £21.50 for 30ml, which is pretty pricey and I’m undecided if I would purchase it again but for a first primer I’m happy!
Pheww that was a long post wasn't it? Apoligises, I just didn't want to miss anything out!

What’s your favourite primer? On a side noted I'm very tempted to try out Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions foundation. Has anyone tried this because I'd love to hear your opinions :)

12 comments:

  1. Ooooh i love reading posts on primers as im get to find an amazing one thats a good price.. i have the Porefessional but the price is a bit off putting

    Lovely review :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was tempted by Porefessional but I got a bit more for my money with Estee Lauder! :) xx

      Delete
  2. LOVE Estee Lauder. Just bought their Bronze Goddess perfume.

    Katie
    Belle De Jour

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nice product if you don't have pores and and if you have dry skin! Did nothing for me or my makeup! Returning. Two Faced works better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great review! Estee Lauder products are great, tempted to have a look at this next time i'm near the counter! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great review x

    keep up the good work x

    www.divagirlstrikesagain.blogspot.co.uk

    Natali xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found this post really helpful :)
    May have to check this out! I usually use Smash box, its amazing but so pricey :(
    So this could be my alternative!
    Want to follow each other?

    holliegrace.blogspot.co.uk

    Hollie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent review, I'll check this product out. One of my favourite products to use as a primer is the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm whilst Illamasqua and Laura Mercier make my favourite primers. NYX also do some fantastic primers.

    I nominated you for an award on my blog btw http://agirlandherzuca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/blog-awards-liebster-and-versatile.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try this primer
    I am a new follower, maybe check out my blog and follow back?
    http://phatfashionandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review. I too have just entered the world of primers, having never used one previously. However I just bought the cheapest on to see how it would work, so have the Rimmel one. I can say it does work alright, my foundation does definitely stay on my face for long now :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Estee Lauder!
    Check out my blog, follow maybe? :)

    Shikin Kikin | shikinkikin.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I've got this! Absolutely perfect! X

    ReplyDelete