Tuesday, 27 March 2012

REVIEW: MAC Shy Girl


I am a complete lipstick addict and it’s quickly became something I wear basically everyday. On a day to day basis I tend to lean towards nudes and after purchasing MAC Hue last year I had my eye on the ever talked about Shy Girl. After months of debating I finally caved and I’m SO glad I did!


Shy Girl is described on the MAC website as a ‘neutral coral beige’ and this is fairly accurate although I think it leans more towards peachy/orange toned rather than coral! Most my nude lipsticks are pink toned so I like that it this a bit different to my usual. Because it is a slightly darker nude in my opinion, I think it would be great for almost all skin tones compared to other MAC favourites like Crème D’nude and Myth which can wash people out. I think when I get a bit of a tan this lipstick is going to look even more amazing!


This is my first cremesheen formula from MAC and so far I loves it! As I’m sure you all know by now I suffer from dry lips so I can’t stand lipsticks that make this even worse. The formula is super creamy and has such amazing pigmentation. No matter how long my lipstick lasts I always find myself applying carmex throughout the day, especially at work where the air conditioning is always on. With this lipstick I found myself going almost all day without feeling the need to apply any kind of balm which I was pleasantly surprised by! I’m so glad I gave in and purchased this lipstick and I can see it being my new go-to nude!


Have you tried Shy Girl? Also, if you guys would like to see a lipstick collection please let me know in the comments below! :)

20 comments:

  1. i've never tried mac lipstick =[ would love to though. this color is so pretty xx

    my blog: boho vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is only my second one but they're soo nice! :) Shame about the price! Haha xx

      Delete
  2. I need shy girl in my life xx


    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it!! Haha I'm so glad I got it in time for Summer! :) xx

      Delete
  3. One of my favourite shades! the perfect nude for summer :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is definitely going to become my new favourite lippy! :) xx

      Delete
  4. This looks lovely :)

    Laura xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh it looks like a great colour x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I'm so glad I caved and bought it! :) Haha x

      Delete
  6. I'm deciding between shy girl or hue for my next mac lipstick purchase! wish I could afford them all! haha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know I have my eye on Creme Cup and Costa Chic! I love Shy Girl but I think Hue will always be my favourite :) Haha xxx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It's soo pretty! I really like the peachy tone of it! :) x

      Delete
  8. I love nude lipsticks, I really really don't suit red or pink or anything else haha.
    This one is a gorgeous colour, I might actually have to buy it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its soo purdy! :) Haha I'd go for it cause it's going to be so nice for Summer! xxx

      Delete
  9. Such a gorgeous colour!x


    styleandstarbucks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its so pretty! So glad i got my hands on it! :) xx

      Delete