Tuesday, 6 March 2012

HELP! I have oily skin..


If you’re like me and suffer from oily skin it can be a pain trying to keep it at bay without caking your face in powder! I’ve picked up a few handy hints I use to help stop that dreaded shine appearing on my face so if you’re in the same boat as me, hopefully this will help!

Prime your skin: If you use a good primer this is going to help your makeup stay on longer and control oil throughout the day. Be sure that you choose an oil-free formula or one that is designed to mattify your face.
Use the right foundation: Getting the right foundation can be a godsend for oily skin. Research different brands and reviews before deciding which one to buy. I use Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum but I know MAC Pro longwear is an oil-free foundation targeted at people with oily skin.
Set your foundation: Setting your makeup definitely makes a huge difference in controlling shine throughout the day but make sure you don’t cake it on! Just dust over your foundation and if you need to blot later you can! MAC blot powder is my life saver I know it’s pricey but a little really does go a long way so think of it as an investment!

 (Sigma foundation brush, Inglot under make up base, MAC Pro Longwear foundation, Elf Studio complexion brush, Rimmel Fix and Perfect primer, MAC blot powder)

Use brushes to apply makeup: I prefer to use brushes to apply my makeup as the natural oils in your fingers can sometimes add to the oils on your face. Using brushes that are cleaned regularly will help prevent this!
Don’t touch your face throughout the day: I know I’m a culprit for touching my face during the day, making sure I’m not getting shiny but try not do this!! Again, due to the natural oils in your hands you’re only going to make it worse. If you feel you’re getting shiny and don’t have any powder at hand, just nip to the bathroom at school/uni/work and blot your face with a tissue!


I hope this post was helpful!  :) Do you have any top tips for keeping oily skin at bay?

12 comments:

  1. This is a really good post :) I really need to stop touching my face through out the day!!!

    Laura xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) I know I constantly touch my face cause I'm scared I'm getting shiny! Haha x

      Delete
  2. Great post! I suffer from dry skin so I'm the opposite but I'm still desperate to try the pro longwear foundation! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry this wouldn't have been very helpful then!! Haha pixiwoo did a video recently on MAC foundations and which ones are better for which skin type! Here's the link if you want to check it out :)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5vPbw-jOoc&list=UUjEPwaev8_zrpafISAPhruA&index=2&feature=plcp

      Delete
  3. I have oily skin so what a fab post to read. And yeah I'm really bad at touching my face too! When you think about it its euw but such a habit! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good I'm glad you liked it :) Haha I know everytime I do it I'm 'Stop Gillian!!' xxx

      Delete
  4. Gillian you need to try Enzymion moisturiser, I know I bang on about Lush far too much but its a lovely moisturiser but it has mattifying (is that even a word) ingredients so helps to control excess oil throughout the day, you should pop in to your nearest store and ask for a sample, I bet you'll love it.

    B xxx
    http://www.backfortea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I've never even heard of it, thankyou soo much for the tip I'll definitely check it out!! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. I have a really oily T-zone and I use Dr. Brandt's pores no more on a daily basis. I LOVE IT <3 It's the best product I've tried so far! Not only does it mattify my skin but it helps control the oils throughout the day. You can apply it before and after foundation, depending on how oily you tend to get. I find that applying it after I've done my foundation gives the best result and then I reapply it throughout the day when I need to :) It is quite expensive but you can always ask for a sample at Sephora :) xx (sorry for the never ending comment)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the UK so we don't have a Sephora! Boo :( But I'll check out Ebay, thankyou for the recommendation! xx

      Delete
  6. I do pretty much the same! I find that the body shop mattifying moisturiser is amazing at keeping oilyness at bay, and the vitamin E face mist gives you a more refreshed look without making your face look too matte! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually just reading about the Body Shop moisturiser! I think I'm gonna check it out next time I'm in town! :) xxx

      Delete