Firstly, how can I start this post without addressing the fact I have hit over 100 followers!! You crazy kids, I'm not even going to try act all cool about this, I actually can't contain my excitement!! Thankyou all sooo much for your lovely comments and taking the time to read my rambles! :)
Okay back to business... A few weeks ago I caved and bought the infamous Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. My No7 cleanser had finished so it seemed like the perfect time to give it go! I only purchased a small 30ml bottle as I’d read on a lot of blogs that this cleanser broke out people with slightly oily skin - which unfortunately is my skin type! Now I know there are about a million and one reviews on this cleanser on the blogesphere but I just thought I’d share my first impressions with you all!
I have a normal to oily skin type and also have quite an uneven skin tone (I wish I could tell 14 year old me to not squeeze spots!!) and I had heard Cleanse and Polish can really make a difference with this.
The first time I used this cleanser it felt very odd rubbing it in on top of my makeup. I only needed a little squeeze of product and it was enough for my whole face and after massaging into my skin, I just used a normal cloth/flannel soaked in warm water to remove it. I won’t lie, after all the hype around this product I was expecting this amazing change or feeling after using it. My skin did feel a little smoother but that it was it really, and I was beginning to think my expectations of this product were going to be sorely disappointed.
After another week or two of using this I’m definitely starting to see results – hooray! Now this is no miracle cleanser that will give you beautiful skin in a week but I can see if I keep using this, the results are only going to get better. My uneven skin tone is mostly around my nose and chin area and I can already see that it is beginning to improve which I am SO pleased about. After putting on my foundation I usually would pop some concealer around these areas which I haven’t felt the need to do lately! I also usually use a No7 toner after cleansing, but this is a stage I miss out most days now as the Cleanse and Polish gets rids of every little scrap of makeup on my face!
As a person who is quite lazy when it comes to skincare this cleanser has made me look forward to cleansing my face and I can definitely see it being a firm newcomer to my cleansing routine!
Have you tried Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish? Did you think the product lived up to the hype?


I absolutely love this cleanser! i cant think of one which i prefer to this! it leaves a really clean feeling and smells lovely :) x
ReplyDeleteI know if I don't use this I just don't feel clean! Haha x
DeleteYou have definitely made me want to try this now!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 100 :)
Laura xoxo
It's soo nice! Shame it's so bloody expensive but it is worth it! Hehe thankyou Laura! :) xxx
Deletecleanse in polish is amazing. I need to buy a new one I'm running low xxx
ReplyDeleteI know my little bottle is already running low so gonna go buy a 100ml one soon! :) xxx
DeleteI think I'm gonna have to try this now! Great review, thanks! x
ReplyDeletehttp://ocbeauty.blogspot.com
I would, it's such a cleanser! :) Aw thanks glad it was helpful! xx
DeleteI'm so desperate to get my hands on this, but it's just a bit too much of an expensive step up from my simple cleansing wipes I think! Maybe I'll ask for some for Easter! xxx
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean, I'm almost gutted I love it so much cause now I want to repurchase it! Haha I'm going to hunt on Ebay for someone selling this cheaper than the retail price :) xxx
DeleteCongrats on 100 followers! I do want to try this but I'm currently using the Vitamin E by Superdrug version of this and it suits me pretty well. x
ReplyDeleteThankyou :) Oh I've never knew Superdrug had their own version, I might have to check that out! x
DeleteSo glad I've finally read a review on this which doesn't immediatly rave about it. I was also initially disappointed because it wasn't performing as the wonder product I'd read about but you're right that it gradually improves over time. I stuck with it too and now I won't use anything else!
ReplyDeleteHaha I know when I first used it I was soo disappointed! I'm so glad I'm seeing improvements now! :)
DeleteCongrats on hitting 100 followers! I absolutely LOVE Cleanse & Polish but felt the same at first and now I'm so pleased I stuck with it as it's really improved my skin :) I've tagged you in a post btw xx
ReplyDeletehttp://beautyandablogger.blogspot.com/
Thankyou!! I know I'm so glad I stuck with it too! Hehe ooh thanks I'll be sure to check it out! :) xx
DeleteThanks for the comment you left on my blog!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great post!
I am now following you :)
Check out my blog and follow back!
http://prettylittlelives.blogspot.com/
Aw no problem! Thankyou very much :) xx
DeleteI love this product too...it makes my skin lovely and smooth!
ReplyDeleteSophie x
I know I'm total convert! Will be buying a full size bottle as soon as I get paid!! :) xx
DeleteGreat post, I might have to try this out my self, sounds good!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog, loved reading it! So I'm now following it=)
Hugs<3
It's amazing!! Haha aww thankyou so much! Thankyou for following! :) xxx
DeleteI just received mine and started using it. It is amazing! I don't need to use scrubs any more, as it gently exfoliates your skin. Great stuff.
ReplyDeleteMe neither, I used to exfoliate every other day but I barely ever do it now! :) x
Delete