Heyyy girls!
So last Friday morning while browsing the Boots website I noticed that the Revlon Lip Butters had gone on sale! Considering they weren’t meant to be released until this week and I had received no pre-order email, I jumped at the chance and ordered two! I went to pick them up from my local store yesterday and they only cost £10 thanks to the 2 for £10 with Revlon deal – yaaay!
When I seen pictures online, I wasn’t to keen on the packaging of the lip butters as I thought the plastic lids made them look a tad cheap but I completely changed my mind when I received mine. I was surprised by how sturdy the packaging is and you really have to pull to get the lid off, so you know there will be no accidents if you carry it in your bag! (I’m looking at you 17 Beehive lipstick!) I also really like that the colour of the packaging coincides with the colour inside so if you collect a few you don’t have to spend time reading all the names to find the shade you want.
Cupcake
Because I was ordering online without having tried on the colours I decided to play it quite safe with my choices even though I was drawn to some of the brights. I decided to go with Strawberry Shortcake and Cupcake. Strawberry shortcake is a beautiful strawberry shade of pink that leans towards a toned down hot pink colour. I think it’s going to be great when I want a bit of colour on my lips during the day but nothing too bright. Cupcake is a light, baby pink which very similar to Barry M 100 lipstick if you have this. I don’t really have a colour similar to this and so far I’m in love with it!
Strawberry Shortcake
The pigmentation of these are amazing considering they aren’t even marketed as lipsticks. I would say the colour pay off is just as good as some lipsticks I own. The formulation is much smoother than a lipstick and glides on on your lips beautifully. As they are a lip butter, they are super moisturizing on your lips and leave them feeling smooth and hydrated.
Top: Strawberry shortcake
Bottom: Cupcake
I am sooo glad I got my hands on these and I will definitely be purchasing more when they are released in store later this week!
Will you be buying the Revlon Lip Butters? Which colours are catching your eye? :)




I certainly will! cupcake looks beautiful! xxx
ReplyDeleteIt's my favourite! I wore it yesterday and it's soo purrdy :) xxx
DeleteTotally agree about the 17 beehive lipstick! Cant wait to try these! xx
ReplyDeleteHaha I know I'm always terrified to take it in my bag incase the lid decides to slip off again! I definitely recommend them, I'm gutted I never got more! Haha xx
DeleteI have been wondering about these for a while now and now I know I think I will definitely be trying Strawberry Shortcake soon!
ReplyDeletehttp://fashionandbeautyaswrittenby.blogspot.com/
I'm wearing it today with a bit of bronzer on my cheeks and it looks aaamazing! I'm in love! Haha :) xx
DeleteLove cupcake! I have two colors from this line and love them!
ReplyDeleteI am a new follower! I'm loving your blog!
-a
Voguebloom.blogspot.com
Me too I can tell it's going to be my go-to colour! Aw yaaay, welcome!! :) Haha xx
DeleteBeautiful colors.. great now i gotto go get a few colors hehe Thanks!!
ReplyDelete~Anya
luckysparkle.blogspot.com
I know I'm in love! Haha no problem!! :) xx
DeleteOooh I'm so excited to try these! I love the names of the colours too - am a sucker for anything involving food ;) x
ReplyDeleteHaha me too, they sound so delicious! :) xx
DeleteOoh these look lovely, can't wait to try some :D xxx
ReplyDeleteThey're amazing, totally worth the hype! Haha xxx
DeleteI have been thinking about getting these for ages, I love the first colour! xx
ReplyDeleteIt's soo pretty on the lips! :) xx
DeleteAhh I can't wait to get my hands on these! x
ReplyDeleteYou'll love them!! :) xx
DeleteI can't wait to pick up a couple of these! look amazing! :) xx
ReplyDeleteI was surprised they actually lived up to the hype! Haha I can't wait to get more! :) xx
DeleteThe colour on these looks great for lip butters, I love the paler one xxx
ReplyDeleteI know the pigmentation is amazing, Cupcake is my favourite too!! :) xxx
DeleteThese look lovely, i can't wait to get my hands on one or two! x
ReplyDeleteThey're so good, I can see myself buying every other colour when they are in store!! Haha xx
DeleteI am going to have a splurge on revlon lip butters on monday when I am up town, so excited, been dying to get my hands on some xxx
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog am now your newest follower xx
www.misslv.com
Haha i was sooo excited when Boots text to say I could pick up my order! Thanks so much for following :D xx
DeleteI have Sugar Frosting and wear it everyday!!! I'm in love them all the butters!!!! :) I love your blog so much, I'm following now! Check out mine if you like :)
ReplyDeletexxx Carrie
I'm so jealous, I really want Sugar Frosting!! Haha I love love them too! Aww thankyou I'll check yours out now! :) xxx
DeleteI got a couple, Cotton Candy and Macaroon. I was a little underwhelmed to be honest, think they have been somewhat overhyped! xx
ReplyDeleteAw that's ashame! I know what you mean, sometimes products are hyped soo much they'll never live up to your expectations! Haha xx
Delete